Your followers have 24 hours to view your story (image or video) before it disappeared. Stories can be more personal (about what you like or behind the scene / in the studio).
Link your Instagram Stories with Facebook Stories
In 2016, Instagram launched Stories, to attract the younger (13-18 y.o) and beat Snapchat. Within a year there were over 250 million using Stories.
Earlier in 2017, Stories were introduced on Facebook too. However, the feature didn't get much of interest compared to Instagram, which in between surpassed Snapchat.
In an effort to push people to use more Facebook Stories, there's a new option introduced in Instagram. It lets you share your Instagram Stories on your Facebook Stories.
Here's how you can make use of it?
Share Instagram Stories on Facebook
Update the Instagram app to the latest version and follow the steps below.
- Open the Instagram app and go to the Camera screen. You can do that either by tapping on the Camera icon at the top left or swipe right on the news feed. If it's your first story in the last 24 hours then you can even tap on your Story avatar at the top of the news feed.
- On the Camera screen, capture a photo, record a video or upload from Gallery/Camera Roll. Basically, do what you would usually do.
- After you're done with the editing tap on Next at the bottom right.
- On the next screen, there is a new Share section. Tap on the checkbox next to Your Story. This will enable the checkbox for Your Facebook Story under Share. Tap on it.
- Finally, tap on Send at the bottom.
With this, the photo/video you posted as a story on Instagram will also be shared to your Facebook profile story. If you wish to delete the story before 24 hours on Facebook you will have to delete it from Facebook. Deleting it from Instagram won't remove it from Facebook.
Share to Facebook Story Option Missing?
If you are not getting the Facebook Story share option on Instagram in spite of being on the latest version then it could be because of the following reasons.
- Go to Settings / Story Controls and tick Share your story to Facebook.
- If you have a Business Instagram Profile linked to a FB Page, the story will be shared on the Page Story.
Happy Instagraming 😀
And if you prefer to get the results without the fuzz, check our Instagram Packages
Read what's new this week
There are pros & cons for anyone selling art online. Let's be transparent.
If you think the info can help someone, share it 👇